Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

The bad blood story behind Mourinho- Conte relationship

Chelsea and Manchester United managers have no time to share cup of tea in England. The war of words between the pair was first born in October 2016 when Chelsea thrashed United 4-0 at Stamford Bridge.


Mourinho's frustration at the result, boiled over Conte Jubilation when he suggested to Conte that his exuberant celebrations had 'humiliated' him.

At the latter stage of the 2016/2017 season when Chelsea closed in on the title, Conte, he brings back the sour apple between them, he aimed a dig at Mourinho for United's spending after they splashed out over £150m only to finish sixth in the league.

In October 2017, Antonio Conte has has no time to dry jibe on his lips, renew his rivalry with Jose, he hits back at Jose Mourinho’s claim that other managers moan and cry about injuries by telling the Portuguese to concentrate on Manchester United and not Chelsea.

January 2018 - Mourinho slams Conte as clown


Mouriho was in no mood to pour cold water on bitter rivalry between him and Conte. Mourinho suggested that rival managers behaved like 'clowns' on the touchline while declaring his commitment to Manchester United.

"Because I don't behave as a clown on the touchline, it means that I lost my passion," he said.


When Conte was asked about Mourinho's comments, he used the Italian phrase "demenza senile" in relation to the Manchester United manager, which translates as senile dementia.


"I think he has to see himself in the past - maybe he was speaking about himself in the past. Maybe, sometimes, I think that someone forgets what's said in the past, which is his behaviour," he said.

"Sometimes I think there is, I don't know the name, but demenza senile... when you forget what you do in the past."

January 6, 2018, Conte branded Mourinho a 'little man'

After Chelsea's 0-0 FA Cup draw with Norwich on, Conte responded to Mourinho's comments the previous day, labelling him a 'little man'.

"I think when there are these types of comments, comments where you try to offend the person and don't know the truth, then you are a little man," he said.

"In the past he was a little man in many circumstances, he's a little man in the present and for sure he will be a little man in the future. I consider him a little man and I consider him a man with a very low profile."

Conte, didn't put a full stop, he called Mourinho a 'fake' as well as stoking the fire ahead of Chelsea's upcoming Premier League clash against Manchester United in February.

"I remember with Ranieri when he [Mourinho] offended him for his English. And then when Ranieri was sacked he put on a shirt for Ranieri. You are fake, you are fake," he said


The Chelsea boss has vowed 'I won't forget' Mourinho's criticism, after the Manchester United manager hit out at Conte over match-fixing.

The former Juventus boss insisted he has no regrets over hitting back at Mourinho, but moved to shut down any further discussion of the two managers' falling out.

'Do I have the look of a person with regret? I don't think so,' said Conte.

'I think we both said things, and we'll see what happens in future.'

Asked if the League Managers' Association (LMA) should now step in to try to repair the damage between Conte and Mourinho, the Chelsea boss said: 'I think it's not important, the association, you understand. It's not important.

'He said serious words, he has used serious words. And I won't forget this.

'This is not a problem for the club, it's a problem between me and him. Now I stop. Stop.'

No comments:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of the Nigerianewsmill

Powered by Blogger.