Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

"No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer

Preye Ebiminor is a structural engineer who major in POP making. Last week she made a post which went viral on the internet (You can read it here) .
Chuzzyblog met with her and i must say she is an adorable being. In this exclusive interview, she went ahead to disclose more about herself. Below are some excerpts:-

Tell us about yourself
My Name is Preye Ebiminor, i'm from Delta State. I'm a graduate of the Film and Broadcast Academy and i'm a structural engineer also. I am the first child and only girl of my late parents.
Its only normal to ask why you choose to do such a job. Tell us why?

I am a person who doesn't like doing regular things, i love business, i love money, so i love doing things that'll give me money. I actually wanted to do something that is on the other side. You know men tend to see themselves as superior, but hell no! (Laughs out loud). I believe what a man can do, a woman can do too. Well, i have grown to be passionate about it.

How long have you been in the business?
I've been in the business for over 5 years now
Do you consider yourself to be a professional?

Yes i am obviously (Chuckles)
Do you have an estimate of how many jobs you've done so far?

Hmmm. uncountable actually. I have done lots of jobs and can't really give an estimate of how many I've done.
Do you work only in a particular state?
My kind of job is not the kind you do in one place. Its a mobile job, i travel all over the country. I've worked in so many places in Nigeria - Abuja, Portharcourt, Lagos, Delta, Edo. In Edo and Delta, i am well known, like very popular. (laughs) They know me by the name POP girl (Laughs out loud)
You wrote a post that went viral a week ago, what gave you the drive to put that up?

In the Nigeria we're in today, things are going worse by the day. I see the way ladies carry themselves, they don't want to work, they just want to sit at home depending on a guy. It is not supposed to be like that actually. If you want a guy to respect you, you need to show him what to respect. These days, you must not be a university graduate to be successful. If your highest level of education is Secondary education, you can learn vocational skills afterwards, be focused, have patience, it'll take only a while, you'll live the life of your dreams. I think it's better to hustle up than relying on a guy to feed you and care for all your needs. My dear, no man wants a liability so wise up.

How do you get to convince your clients to believe in you since this is "not really" a job for women?

First of all, i am a very friendly person and i am lovable (smiles). I capitalize on that virtue a lot. (Winks). When i get to sites to seek for jobs or contracts, i engage the people there in a conversation, before you know it, we get really flowing in that conversation. When i eventually meet who is in charge, i introduce myself and what i do. In most cases, if it's a city I've worked, i take the potential client to where i had worked or show them pictures of my previously done jobs and that's it. I've not really had clients doubting my ability. I would say it's grace.
So what are your future plans for the business?

Well, i hope to register my company very soon. Actually, i am working on it already. i have some apprentices already. I intend to have more when i register the company under my name. We're are gonna be a force in Nigeria pretty soon.
What are the challenges you face in this job?

There are lots of challenges, firstly your workers, they can be annoyingly lazy sometimes. Also, in my early days, getting jobs and contracts was not easy. Some clients (male definitely) wanna leverage on the fact that you need the job badly. You know what i mean (smiles).
Another challenge i face even till date is payment of balance by client. After handing over the keys of the house to them, you'll start hearing stories that touch the heart. All the same, i love my job and i intend to be around for a pretty long time.

Any last words?
Definitely yes! People, especially ladies should learn to be independent. However while being strong and independent, stay humble especially when you're single (smiles). Let me use this medium to thank you Mr Chuzzy, i feel so much like a celebrity, seeing my photos and name all over the place. I have gotten some contacts and jobs already and will be starting some pretty soon. To all those sending me messages, i may not respond cos the messages are so much and i have lots of friend requests too. Mehn Celebrity life no easy o! (Laughs out loud).

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/10/ebiminor-preye-chuzzyblog-exclusive.html

No comments:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of the Nigerianewsmill

Powered by Blogger.