Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

LUKAKU: I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MYSELF TO CHELSEA

The Belgium international tormented his former side with a
well-executed brace at Goodison Park to eliminate Guus Hiddink's men
from the competition.

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku felt he had nothing to prove to Chelsea
after a late brace dumped his former club out of the FA Cup.

The Belgium international striker had failed to net in four previous
matches against the Stamford Bridge outfit, but brought Goodison Park
to its feet twice in the space five minutes.

Lukaku netted a sensational opener before springing the offside trap
to put the tie beyond doubt, compounding a wretched week for Guus
Hiddink's men after their Champions League exit at the hands of Paris
Saint-Germain.

"It feels great, I am just happy for the team and to do something we
wanted. Now we have 90 minutes to go and we delivered a good
performance after the loss against West Ham," Lukaku told BBC Sport.

"I think the first goal is the best thing, I didn't know where I was
going, but then I was in the box. I saw Gary Cahill not know where he
was going so I shifted it onto my left foot.

"It was just another goal and happy for the team. If you want to win
cups, you have to beat the big teams.

"I don't think I have anything to prove to Chelsea. I went there as an
18-year-old and learnt the trade of being a professional footballer. I
will always be grateful to them."

source: goal.com

No comments:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of the Nigerianewsmill

Powered by Blogger.